Here is my short summary of the top social media marketing news and resources from September 2017.
Share the Social Media News & Updates September 2017 Infographic On Your Site
<a href='https://doraseeks.com/social-media-marketing-news-resources-september-2017/' target="_blank"> <img src='https://doraseeks.com/social-media-resources-september-2017-infographic.png' alt='Social Media Marketing News & Resources September 2017' 540px border='0' /> </a>
Facebook News & Updates — September 2017
On September 6, Facebook announced an update on information operations.
On September 14, Facebook announced that a small group of people on Facebook have been filling out their profile education and employee fields in an offensive manner. Because of them Facebook are removing these self-reported targeting fields until they have better processes in place to help prevent the issue of such fields being used for ads with discriminatory purposes.
On September 22, Facebook introduced new measurement solutions that will enable advertisers to see the impact of ad campaigns on both TV and Facebook, and the combined impact of both platforms when used together.
Instagram News & Updates — September 2017
On September 12, Instagram announced a new way to share Instagram Stories in DM.
On September 21, Instagram announced face filters in live videos.
On September 26, Instagram announced new comment controls and a new option to anonymously report live videos.
Twitter News & Updates — September 2017
On September 19, Twitter published their new transparency report.
On September 26, Twitter announced that they will be testing out expanding the Tweets character limit from 140 to 280.
Pinterest News & Updates — September 2017
On September 14, Pinterest announced that they have reached 200 million users worldwide.
On September 15, Pinterest published their H1 transparency report.
On September 19, Pinterest announced new shortcuts for iOS 11.
LinkedIn News & Updates — September 2017
On September 8, LinkedIn issued their September 2017 workforce report.
Snapchat News & Updates — September 2017
On September 8, Snapchat introduced campus publisher Stories.
On September 14, Snapchat introduced 3D Bitmojis:
Useful Social Media Managers Articles and Resources from September 2017
Below I am sharing with you a few articles, resources and reports that I found interesting and useful last month.
- Why You Should Create a Core Social Media Schedule (and How to Do It)
- YouTube Remarketing: How to Retarget People on YouTube
- How to Stay Relevant as a Writer in the Visual Age
- 6 Social Media Ad Mistakes Brands Need to Avoid
- A Guide to Social Media Ad Retargeting
- Predictive Analytics, Blockchain and Email Marketing Industry Report
- How to Use Facebook Audience Optimization for Better Organic Exposure
- Why You Must Answer Every Negative Review
- How to Run a Successful Facebook Contest: Ideas, Tips, and Examples
- How to Work With YouTube Influencers
More Useful Resources For Marketers
- 2018 Marketing Campaign & Content Planning Template
- 2018 KPI tracking Spreadsheet
- The 2017 Annual Social Media Content Calendar Spreadsheet
- Daily Social Media Post planning Spreadsheet – Old Version
- Daily Social Media Posting plan Spreadsheet – New & Improved Version
- The Complete Social Media Profile Creation Checklist (Downloadable)
- Instagram Post Performance Tracking Template (coming soon)
- Blog Content Calendar Planning Template (coming soon)
- Blog Post SEO Checklist (coming soon)
- Productivity: Weekly Tasks Template (coming soon)
If you would like to stay tuned for the upcoming social media marketing news and resources, make sure you subscribe to my monthly newsletter.
Thank you for reading!